[Interest] Qt 5.8 failed to build on Windows: EGL/egl.h: No such file or directory

Émeric MASCHINO emeric.maschino at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 17:41:27 CEST 2016

Hi,

Does anybody had success building Qt 5.8.0-alpha latest snapshot [1] on Windows?
Following advice in [2], I've configured my build with:

c:\qt\qt5.8.0\configure -opengl dynamic

However, I'm getting compilation errors in various modules because of
missing EGL/egl.h header, such as:

c:\qt\qt5.8.0\qtmultimedia\src\plugins\common\evr\evrd3dpresentengine.h(49):
fatal error C1083: Impossible d'ouvrir le fichier include :
'EGL/egl.h' : No such file or directory

Changing OpenGL configuration from dynamic (configure -opengl dynamic)
to desktop (configure -opengl desktop) didn't help.

I've tried to use pablo [3] to overcome this problem, but the build
process then fails later on (undefined EGL function I don't remember
of).

What am I missing here?

Thanks,

     Émeric