[Interest] Qt and directFB: QDirectFBScreen::createDFBSurface() Failed!

Franz Leu franz.leu at norfolk.ch
Tue Aug 23 15:06:51 CEST 2016

Hi

I'm using Qt 4.6.3 with directFB 1.4.3 on a embedded Linux system - I know these are old versions, but I cannot easily change this.
Only with some webpages, loading into a webView works, and when showing I get the following error:

QDirectFBScreen::createDFBSurface() Failed!
Flags f Caps 1000 width 782 height 30000 pixelformat 418c04 4 preallocated 0x0 0
Invalid argument!
(#) DirectFBError [Couldn't create surface createDFBSurface(QImage, QImage::Format, SurfaceCreationOptions)]: Invalid argument!
QDirectFBPixmapData::fromImage()

Is there somebody who is more experienced with directFB in conjunction with Qt and can shed some light on this?
I'd really appreciate any suggestion on how to track this down.

Thanks
McL