[Interest] Is Qt/QML suitable for me?

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Tue Aug 30 21:57:19 CEST 2016

> Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 3:11 PM
> From: "Артур Истомин" <art.istom at yandex.ru>
> To: interest at qt-project.org
> Subject: [Interest] Is Qt/QML suitable for me?
>
> I want to convert my POS (point of sale) software (long ugly shell-scripts)
> to GUI-software for mobile (Android) and desktop (Linux/Windows) devices.
>
> I don't know C++ but know some JS. So is it possible to write my
> application, POS, entirely on JavaScript? Almost all application logic are
> sql transactions with local sqlite database.

Yes, the QML OfflineStorage module uses SQLite, but you don't get to change the name, AFAIK. (The name is a pre-defined path and the filename is the MD5SUM(filename).sqlite

You might have to do some C++ to target the database you want.
Also Platform integrations on Android might require Java.

But it is all do-able. I think Qt is the ideal choice.