[Interest] script invoked with QProcess cannot open files with spaces in path

Viktor Engelmann viktor.engelmann at qt.io
Wed Aug 31 10:34:50 CEST 2016

Am 31.08.2016 um 10:28 schrieb Viktor Engelmann:

> Am 31.08.2016 um 02:02 schrieb Kyle Altendorf:
>> On August 30, 2016 7:44:14 PM EDT, Kyle Altendorf <sda at fstab.net> wrote:
>>> Try printing sys.executable and os.getcwd() and see if they show any
>>> differences that might shed some light.  I'm on my phone so hopefully I
>>> am remembering those correctly.
>> Or, is the file being accessed or created by the calling C++ application?  Depending on how each opens it there could be a conflict of sorts there.
>
> Interesting idea - if the C++ code creates the file and starts python
> without closing the file, that might explain the behavior... although
> the python script SHOULD throw an exception or something instead of
> me in python...
>
> Viktor

Although... then it should also not work with filenames without spaces...

--

Viktor Engelmann
Software Engineer

The Qt Company GmbH
Rudower Chaussee 13
D-12489 Berlin
Viktor.Engelmann at qt.io
+49 151 26784521
http://qt.io

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Mika Harjuaho
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht
Charlottenburg, HRB 144331 B
<http://qt.io>
<http://www.facebook.com/Qt> 	<http://www.twitter.com/qtproject>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-qt-company/>
<https://plus.google.com/104580575722059274792>
<https://www.youtube.com/QtStudios>

Qt World Summit 2016 <http://qtworldsummit.com/>
Qt World Summit 2016 | Pier 27, San Francisco, CA
Experience Exponential Potential on October 18-20
www.qtworldsummit.com <http://www.qtworldsummit.com>