[Interest] script invoked with QProcess cannot open files, with spaces in path

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Wed Aug 31 14:48:49 CEST 2016

Just an FYI, attachments get scrubbed for those receiving this list in
summary/digest form.

We only need a 5 line main.cpp which launches the QProcess() of a short
"hello world" type script that exhibits the problem. I have run into the
exact same thing before. Deep in the QProcess documentation I found that
it parsed ALL strings for parameters marked by spaces.

Sometimes, in the insidious case of links, which when parsed to absolute
paths, introduce spaces. There was a quoting trick which could be used,
but I want to have a short example in hand before I go digging through
old projects for what I had to do.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions