[Interest] script invoked with QProcess cannot open files, with spaces in path

Murphy, Sean smurphy at walbro.com
Wed Aug 31 15:47:59 CEST 2016

> No parameters are being passed to QProcess. Its start method is being
> called with:
>
> ("/usr/bin/python2.7", "myscript.py")
>
> The path of the file being opened is hard coded in the python script.

Are you running the Qt application from the command line, or inside a QtCreator session?

Is the hardcoded path in the python script an absolute path, or a relative one?

My thought was that maybe you're running your Qt application from inside
QtCreator, which by default starts you out in a different working directory.
See the Qt kit's Run settings under the Projects tab if this is the case...

Sean