[Interest] Doing a leanest-possible QtWebEngine build

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 12:37:32 CET 2016

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> What does this have to do with Qt Assistant 5.6.2 text rendering glitch?

Nothing. I was as surprised as you probably were to see the thread confusion
showing up in GMane. I guess the unusual MUA I had to use left in something it
didn't show me when I used a reply-to the glitch thread as a way to start this
new thread.

> This will override any other options which may be in QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE.

Good, I'll try that, and hope that the QtWebEngine build system will add any
flags it needs, and that it doesn't contain anything I shouldn't disable.

There's no way to query that variable from the commandline, is there?

I see I already have this in my build script, *after* I run the qmae step, but
that's clearly not enough and I probably (?) should do it before running qmake:

echo 'QMAKE_CXXFLAGS -= -O3' >> .qmake.conf
echo 'QMAKE_CXXFLAGS -= -O2' >> .qmake.conf
echo 'QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -Os' >> .qmake.conf

> The default Linux mkspec doesn't have anything, but on Windows it does. On a
> Mac, who knows what sdk.prf does...

I think there's also something like qmodule.pr* which contains settings. Sdk.prf
indeed does all kinds of things, some of which I already disable like forcing
the compiler to the one in Xcode.