[Interest] Doing a leanest-possible QtWebEngine build

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Dec 29 13:01:29 CET 2016

Em quinta-feira, 29 de dezembro de 2016, às 12:37:32 BRST, René J. V. Bertin
escreveu:
> Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > What does this have to do with Qt Assistant 5.6.2 text rendering glitch?
>
> Nothing. I was as surprised as you probably were to see the thread confusion
> showing up in GMane. I guess the unusual MUA I had to use left in something
> it didn't show me when I used a reply-to the glitch thread as a way to
> start this new thread.

Reply-to never starts a thread. It continues one. When starting a new thread,
create a new email.

> > This will override any other options which may be in
> > QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE.
> Good, I'll try that, and hope that the QtWebEngine build system will add any
> flags it needs, and that it doesn't contain anything I shouldn't disable.

The point is that you may be removing flags that were in the mkspec or added by
other .prf files loaded before your file or the command-line.

You're not supposed to tinker with QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE. If you do and you
break the build, you get to keep the pieces.

> There's no way to query that variable from the commandline, is there?

No. You can query by doing:

qmake -o /dev/null /dev/stdin <<<'message($$QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE)'