[Interest] Video file generation from Qt application, other than FFmpeg

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Thu Jan 21 22:14:21 CET 2016

> Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2016 at 3:15 PM

> We will not be able to use the FFmpeg library for video generation from
> our Qt application. Are there any other tools/products usable with Qt
> which can do basic generation of video files, given a sequence of
> QImages or QPixmaps? We don't need audio with the video.

You can of course do this, however, your platform must support it.  I'm mucking about in the multimedia stuff at the moment (not my usual thing), and I don't see an obvious reason why you can't implement your own multimedia plugin. You would have to write a frame source (i.e. a Camera). You can model it around one of the existing backends.