[Interest] Utilizing the GPU, how to start?

Sze Howe Koh szehowe.koh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 11:41:10 CEST 2016

On 12 July 2016 at 14:53, John C. Turnbull <ozemale at ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> Thanks. I never thought of using Google ;-)
>
> Sadly Google shows me what *they* want me to see, not necessarily what I am actually looking for.
>
> Hence asking the question here: amongst a group of Qt experts who are not controlled by revenue-generating curating algorithms and who could point me to the most appropriate articles for my questions.
>
> Thanks for the links. I will check them out and hopefully they will give me the info I seek.
>
> -jct
>
>> On 12 Jul 2016, at 16:38, Mitch Curtis <mitch.curtis at qt.io> wrote:
>>
>> Have you tried Google? :D These two links probably cover your first two questions:
>>
>> http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtquick-visualcanvas-scenegraph.html
>> http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtquick-visualcanvas-scenegraph-renderer.html

Hi John,

In addition to Mitch's links, these might also interest you as you
mentioned experience in a 3D animation studio:
* http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qt3d-overview.html
* http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qt3drender-framegraph.html

As for optimizations for Qt Quick, I think the Qt Company staff
members involved are in the best position to provide you with the
relevant info. Note that it is currently summer holidays in Norway, so
most of the staff are on leave till the end of July. Here's a small
peek at some of their recent work (although these are components built
on top of Qt Quick, rather than Qt Quick itself):
* http://blog.qt.io/blog/2015/03/31/qt-quick-controls-for-embedded/

Regards,
Sze-Howe