[Interest] QML Map Provider MapQuest has disabled direct access

Adrian Jäkel aj at elane2k.com
Wed Jul 13 11:22:49 CEST 2016

Hi,

since Monday, July 11, 2016, the direct tile access to MapQuest legacy
maps has been stopped. See [1].

Is it correct that there are now no out of the box usable map provider
plugins?

MapQuest now offers a "free" plan for which you need to register. Has
anyone tried to adapt the osm plugin to be usable with mapquest credentials?

Since my company already pays for a google maps api licence it seems
heavy unnecessary to also pay MapQuest if we exceed there 15.000
transaction/month in the free plan. Has anyone tried to write a provider
plugin for google maps or has anyone had any success in using the native
Android MapView/MapFragment as well as iOS MapKit alongside QML in their
App?

Regards,
Adrian Jäkel

[1]