[Interest] QUndoStack

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 19:33:43 CEST 2016

> We are using the QUndoStack and when we "push()" onto the stack the actual
> QUndoCommand is being executed. In the documentation is seems as though I
> could set the "id" of the QUndoCommand to -1 and NOT have it executed but
> after looking more close at the docs and the actual source code the
> QUndoCommand will definitely be executed when pushed onto the stack. This
> behavior does not make sense to me and I am probably missing something
> simple about how to use the QUndoStack. Could someone offer an explanation
> of why my command gets executed? And also how do I get my undocommand on the
> stack **without** executing the command?

I haven't used QUndoStack much myself, but to me what you describe
does not make sense. An undo stack is supposed to represent what has
happened (this history), so why should a command not be executed when
pushed? Is it that you have already executed it manually?

Either way, I think a command will always be executed when pushed, so
that's what you need to work with. The -1 id thing seems to be just
for controlling the merging behavior.

Elvis