[Interest] Translating plural with is/are

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Mon Mar 7 20:16:48 CET 2016

> > Ok I'm getting there, but how do I specify this string (a) or that string (b)?
> > What's the qsTr() line look like?
> > qsTr( ? )
>
> http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/i18n-plural-rules.html
>
> and
>
> http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/i18n-source-translation.html
>
> -> chapter Handling Plurals

Yeao, read them both before posting.

Please provide the tr line as even after re-reading I don't think it (is/are selection) can be done, and please reference where the docs cover that syntax.

To put it in s more documentation example way:
Example: tr("%n message(s) saved", "", n) )
What I want: tr("%n messages(s) [were|was] saved)", "", n) <- what do I need to modify here to get was/were resolving correctly?

The page on http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/i18n-plural-rules.html does not seem to be of help. It only tells me the rules Qt uses internally for determining pluralization. I do not see how I can supply a plural and non-plural string, or a string that works in both contexts and included is/are or was/were, respectively.