[Interest] [OS X] building QtWebKit 5.6.0

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 22:42:16 CET 2016

Hi,

I've been trying in vain to build QtWebKit 5.6.0 from the official source
tarball, using my own Qt 5.6.0 build.

The included documentation isn't very helpful. I'd prefer to invoke qmake and
make myself, but that leads me to missing symbol linker errors. When I use the
provided script (inside the source tree)

%> Tools/Scripts/build-webkit --qmake=/opt/local/libexec/qt5/bin/qmake --qt --
release --prefix=/opt/local/libexec/qt5 --install-headers=/opt/local/include/qt5

the build errors out after 45' with the error

Source/WebKit/qt/WidgetSupport/QtFallbackWebPopup.cpp:29:
Source/WebKit/qt/WidgetApi/qgraphicswebview.h:23:10: fatal error:
      'QtWebKit/qwebkitglobal.h' file not found
#include <QtWebKit/qwebkitglobal.h>
         ^
1 error generated.
make[2]: *** [.obj/WebKit/qt/WidgetApi/qwebinspector.o] Error 1

which is almost exactly the error I reported earlier after trying to build
QtWebKit as part of a full Qt build (just happening on a different source file).

So how does one build this component?

Thanks,
René