[Interest] Another query on GTK platform theme/style

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Apr 17 19:49:07 CEST 2017

Em segunda-feira, 17 de abril de 2017, às 10:19:25 PDT, Dan Allen escreveu:
> I'm going around in circles then Sergio.

No, you're not. I'm the one who got confused. There's a platform theme and a
widget style. They're not the same thing.

> "So I guess my question is, will a GTK style that is compatible with the
> default GTK3 platform theme be re-introduced into a future version of Qt
> such that applications run in Ubuntu Gnome with a native look and feel?
> Or worse case, will one be added to the qtstyleplugins package?"
>
> Thiago stated:
>
> The Gtk3 style and platform theme is still part of Qt. It's in qtbase.
>
> I don't know who's correct, but I'd appreciate someone clarifying as
> this is confusing.

The "gtk3" platform theme is in qtbase. Apparently, the "gtk3" widget style
isn't.

The commit that removed it said:

    This will allow us to drop gtk2 support from qtbase in future,
    while still providing the gtk2 style for those who want to use it.

Ah, no... since the platform theme is still present, the support is still
present. The reason must be this:

    Also with moving to qtstyleplugins, the code can be simplified
    because we can directly link to libraries we need, instead of using
    QLibrary.

Well, seems like you need to get it from qtstyleplugins. Which should be part
of the Qt release, but isn't. So that needs to be rectified.