[Interest] Qt Location GeoServices plugin to use geo-referenced image file as map source

Paolo Angelelli paolo.angelelli at qt.io
Thu Dec 7 14:12:03 CET 2017

Indeed! As answered in the bug report, the easy workaround is to cut your tif into tiles
(like using QGis w QTiler plugin or gdal2tiles, or whatever other mean), and then you
don't even need to serve the tiles via http, you can fetch them locally either from file
(file:///) or qrc, depending on how it's best for you to ship them.