[Interest] Needed working stop/start for animated SVG

Konstantin Shegunov kshegunov at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 16:46:07 CET 2017

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 4:34 PM, Serge K via Interest <
interest at qt-project.org> wrote:

> What will be my benefits for this solution if I will already have working
> libs?

Your benefit would be that someone else could make use of your patch, just
as you are using thousands of lines of code contributed by people that
don't work in the Qt Company.

> If only Digia would for example contribute me "commercial" license to
> allow assemble LGPL static applications - this would be a reason.

LGPL is (mostly) incompatible with static applications. For mandatory
static linking you can take your beef with the developers that force you to
do it, iOS, Android or whoever they may be.

> Again - I will spend some unknown time needed for my main project.
> Therefore I am sure - Qt team must work on it, not me. User's patches are
> good when they are simple and easy to implement for these users.