[Interest] [Releasing] First Qt 5.9.1 snapshot available

Simon Hausmann Simon.Hausmann at qt.io
Wed Jun 21 08:47:18 CEST 2017

Hi,

If my memory serves me right then it's a little magic :)

You select the qqc in the installer and it will show - as version- the latest Qt version that a build is available for (like even a 5.9 snapshot). Behind the scenes however it would install binaries of the compiler for all Qt versions that you have selected, into the respective installation directories.

The compiler is strictly tied to the Qt version, so a binary from 5.9 cannot be used with 5.7. However the installer should have placed a 5.7 compatible version into your Qt 5.7 directory if you have selected 5.8 and qqc.

Note that at this point the binaries are target independent, so you can use the qqc binary for a Qt 5.7 Linux desktop build also for an arm Linux build for example. As long as the host binary runs :)

Simon