[Interest] Interest Digest, Vol 68, Issue 13

André Pönitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Sat May 20 08:02:58 CEST 2017

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 05:17:22PM -0500, Roland Hughes wrote:

> On 05/18/2017 08:31 AM, Kevin Funk wrote:
> >Citing you from the thread:
> >>No, KDevelop does things completely different from Qt so not an
> >>option...
> >KDevelop is an IDE, Qt is an application development framework. So in fact
> >your relation cannot make sense to begin with.
> Qt is an application framework with a design and build philosophy of .pro,
> qmake and moc

I would neither call part of a 'philosophy' around Qt, that'd be
probably something with 'cross platform', 'ease of use'.

Moc is there because it provides functionality that is not easily
available in C++, qmake/.pro is the build system that happens to be used
for Qt itself currently. While moc is kind of mandatory to use for Qt
application development for technical reasons, qmake is not, and it is
completely reasonable for an IDE to support, or even to focus on, other
build systems.

Andre'