[Interest] Future of Qt [was: Future of Qt3d]

Lars Knoll lars.knoll at qt.io
Wed Nov 8 13:13:21 CET 2017

> On 8 Nov 2017, at 11:54, Alexander Ivash <elderorb at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This is really confusing.
>
> From one side,
>
>>> What you **don't** say is, that you "genuinely wish to treat the Qt
>>> Project as an Open Governance project and that external contributions
>>> are welcomed and valued."
>>>
>>> There must be a reason not to write this sentence.
>>
>> Because it goes without saying.
>
>> Correct, it does go without saying.
>
> .... but from the other:
>
>> The Open Governance model is the foundation of how we develop Qt. It offers tremendous value to our users and customers. It’s also one of the big items that differentiates Qt from all it’s competitors. And changing that would be negative for everybody, including The Qt Company.
>>
>> So, speaking for The Qt Company: No, there are definitely no plans to change that.
>
> So what does it mean in total? Qt stays Open Governance-driven, but no
> 'genuinely' ? Or genuinely but external contributions are not
> welcomed? :)

Nothing in my wording above says anything like that.

> p.s. This is not trolling of any kind, I'm really confused.

I’m not sure what didn’t understand? Are you confused because I didn’t repeat the work ‘genuinely’ here?

So again for clarity: All contributions are highly welcomed and valued by TQtC, and yes, we genuinely want to (and will) continue to develop Qt using the Open Governance model.

Best regards,
Lars