[Interest] PostgreSQL cross compile for Pi

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Tue Oct 10 17:11:41 CEST 2017

It is totally reasonable to provide a link to a post with far more
content than the bug tracking system can contain. If they, whoever they
are, feel the need to replicate data then they should replicate the
portion they actually worked on.

This bug is a shining example of the failure of AGILE and TDD.

A "story" got posted.

     As a developer I would like a set of steps to setup a cross compile
for the Raspberry Pi.

"The developer" was left to their own devices. There was no System
Architecture Guide, Systems Requirements Document, Business Requirements
Document, or Functional Requirements Document from which a QA group
would have required a single test application which utilized each of the
database components, WebEngine, and whatever else was available in the
current Raspbian repos. They would have also required the build
environment be a 64-bit machine compiling for a 32-bit target so bugs in
the instructions could not be masked.

The "sprintable solution" was "Hello World!" so that's what got delivered.

That is also why you see so many incredibly angry comments about that
wiki page and every blog post which references it.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions

http://www.theminimumyouneedtoknow.com