[Interest] Standardizing Qt Kit Names

Cédric CARRÉE cca at bespoon.com
Thu Aug 30 14:37:44 CEST 2018

On 30/08/2018 09:14, Tomasz Siekierda wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Aug 2018 at 20:17, André Pönitz <apoenitz at t-online.de> wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 06:27:57PM +0200, Jason H wrote:
>>> It might be a minor point, but I think it would be good to have more uniform kit name structure.
> +1
>
> I'd also suggest keeping these names as consise as possible. For
> example, I don't see a need to keep "Qt" in kit name... I know it is
> Qt, no need to mention that. So "5.10.1 Desktop MinGW" should be
> enough.
+1 for a more uniform kit name structure.
However, I disagree to remove mention to "Qt".
I do use QtCreator to edit code which is not Qt code. QtCreator is a
very good IDE. I created my own custom kit for that. Thus I want to
easily identify kits which are Qt related from kits which are not.

Anyway, as Christian Gagneraud said, it will be hard to get a solution
that will fit everyone.