[Interest] Modern

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Sat Dec 22 15:37:46 CET 2018

On 12/21/2018 4:37 PM, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
> 21.12.2018, 19:42, "Vlad Stelmahovsky"<vladstelmahovsky at gmail.com>:
>> Nope, its only my guess based on short Dart code checking and some articles, how it works
>>
>> Google definitely aware about Qt, but its huge, so..
> Note that declarative UI description languages were known long before QML, even Motif had a couple of them

They predate C++. They predate DOS and the x86 architecture. They
existed during CP/M. DBASE II provided a scripted UI language which was
interpreted at run time. Even found an example on-line.

http://tedleath.com/samples/dbase.htm

So did RBASE and every other RAD (Rapid Application Development) tool.

The primary difference between first generation interpreted UI languages
and QML is the early ones required a licensed version of the interpreter
be previously installed on the target. With QML applications the engines
are bundled in.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions