[Interest] qtLocation and mbtiles

maitai maitai at virtual-winds.org
Sat Jul 7 18:19:35 CEST 2018

Hi all,

I need to create a plugin for qtLocation that would use a local mbtile
sql database instead of an online provider or a directory. The mbtiles
management part is not an issue, I have already a class responding to
tiles queries that I use in another widget-based application.

So far my understanding is that I need to subclass
QGeoServiceProviderFactoryV2 and all other relevant classes. Is it the
correct approach or is there something more simple? I couldn't find any
sample on internet, and I find the documentation very limited.

Any clue welcomed to help getting me started.
Thanks
Philippe (using qt 5.11.1)