[Interest] clazy - why signals shouldn't be const?

Tomasz Siekierda sierdzio at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 12:43:04 CEST 2018

Hi,

perhaps not the best list to ask, but hopefully somebody more familiar with
clazy will comment.

Why does clazy complain about const signals?

While I agree marking signals as const is not terribly important, I've had
a few situations in code where I was emitting from const method - and then
it only works when the signal is const, too. Besides, marking a signal as
const does not result in any loss of performance etc. Is there any strong
reason not to mark signals as const?

For reference:
https://github.com/KDE/clazy/blob/master/docs/checks/README-const-signal-or-slot.md
"For signals, it's just pointless to mark them as const."