[Interest] clazy - why signals shouldn't be const?

Sérgio Martins sergio.martins at kdab.com
Mon Jul 9 13:17:15 CEST 2018

On 2018-07-09 11:43, Tomasz Siekierda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> perhaps not the best list to ask, but hopefully somebody more familiar
> with
> clazy will comment.
>
> Why does clazy complain about const signals?

It's not wrong to use const signals.
That check is for developers that don't like changing state from const
methods (and a signal implies state was changed).
If it doesn't bother you then you can disable the check.

But I'll remove it from the default group, make it opt-in and update the
readme. As you're not the first one to ask.

Regards,
--
Sérgio Martins | sergio.martins at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
Tel: Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090, USA +1-866-777-KDAB(5322)