[Interest] Using QItemDelegate outside item views

Patrick Stinson patrickkidd at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 03:24:04 CEST 2018

I sometimes present collections of objects my data type in a QTableView with a custom model and delegate, and sometimes present a single object of this data type in a conventional property sheet form.

Considering I have a model and delegate already written for my table view, is it appropriate to re-use the delegate to create the widgets and manage the data editing for the property sheet as well? Something tells me that this is a hair-brained idea, but on the other hand it does make sense to try to centralize the editors for each field on the data type.

Thanks!
-Patrick