[Interest] New QObject::connect syntax should be avoided??

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Jul 14 02:19:13 CEST 2018

On Friday, 13 July 2018 15:48:45 PDT Alexander Dyagilev wrote:
> In the static lib I also have classes which manipulates the objects
> derived from these abstract classes. There I get the problem trying to
> connect to signals of abstract classes.

That static lib is probably the problem. Are you using the static library
merely as a convenience to build things in steps, then you link everything
into one big binary?

Or are you using the static lib in multiple plugins? If it's the latter case,
you've violated ODR. Use a dynamic lib.

Remember the rule for plugins. A plugin system is composed of:
 a) zero or more applications
 b) zero or more plugins
 c) exactly one shared library / DLL, which all plugins and applications link

The abstract base class must live in that library.