[Interest] Capital letters with Qt Virtual Keyboard

Luca Carlon carlon.luca at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 19:47:32 CEST 2018

Hello! I wrote this simple code with the Qt Virtual Keyboard:

import QtQuick 2.8
import QtQuick.VirtualKeyboard 2.3
Rectangle {
       width: 800
       height: 800
       TextInput {
               anchors.top: parent.top
               anchors.bottom: panel.top
               width: parent.width
               focus: true
       }
       InputPanel {
               id: panel
               anchors.left: parent.left
               anchors.right: parent.right
               anchors.bottom: parent.bottom
       }
}

What I notice is that the shift key is not enabled. However, it becomes
enabled if I click on the TextInput. Is this the expected behavior? Is it
possible to enable it automatically?

Also, is there anything wrong in the sample above? When I click on the key
that switches to the synbols I get a considerable amount of warnings:

qrc:/QtQuick/VirtualKeyboard/content/styles/default/style.qml:66:9: QML
Rectangle: Cannot anchor to an item that isn't a parent or sibling.
[...]
qrc:/QtQuick/VirtualKeyboard/content/styles/default/style.qml:135:9: QML
Rectangle: Cannot anchor to an item that isn't a parent or sibling.
[...]

The result seems correct, but I guess those warnings mean I did something
wrong.
Thank you!

Luca