[Interest] qmlscene install problems

Ulf Hermann ulf.hermann at qt.io
Tue Jul 24 09:15:41 CEST 2018

On 07/23/2018 07:55 PM, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> El lunes, 16 de julio de 2018 08:12:25 -03 Ulf Hermann escribió:
>> This thread has gone so far south, we need to add some corrections ...
> [snip]
>> So, it turns out I have another qmake (and qmlscene) in
>> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/ which are explicitly the right ones, and
>> which I can invoke manually if I actually need them. Qt Creator autodetects
>> those.
>
> Mind you this is a debian-specific patch:
>
> <https://salsa.debian.org/qt-kde-team/qt/qtcreator/blob/master/debian/patches/
> always_autotect_qt_versions>

If I read that correctly, the patch takes care of updating system provided Qt versions when they are installed or uninstalled. The initial detection of "the" system-installed Qt Version should also work with stock Qt Creator, via "qtchooser -l". You may want to push a clean version of this patch upstream. Automatically adapting to system configuration changes seems desirable to me.

Ulf