[Interest] Bluetooth low energy on Windows 10

Glenn Ramsey gr at componic.co.nz
Wed Jul 25 05:37:52 CEST 2018

Hi,

I'm trying to get Qt(5.11.1) communicating with a BLE device on Windows 10 using
the win32/WinRT backend.

Using the lowenergyscanner example it can 'see' the device, only after it has
been manually paired,  but hangs when querying the services. The Microsoft BLE
Explorer app from the Microsoft Store is able to 'see' all of the services and
characteristics of the device and the UWP version of lowenergyscanner also seems
to work correctly. Also the same version (in 5.11.1) works correctly on OSX.

In the debugger I can see that the hang occurs somewhere in
QLowEnergyControllerPrivateWinRT::connectToDevice().

This bug [1] suggests this might be because windows needs to pair with the
device, although I'm not seeing any indication of this in the UI when I run
lowenergyscanner but I don't see the the device listed until I manually pair it.

Is there some step that I have missed, or should I file a bug report about this?

Glenn

[1] https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-58660