[Interest] 5.11.1 link error with OpenSSL (Windows)

coroberti . coroberti at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 05:53:54 CEST 2018

On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 12:56 AM, Bob Hood <bhood2 at comcast.net> wrote:
> I'm trying three different versions of OpenSSL -- 1.0.2l, 1.0.2o, 1.1.0h --
> and none of them will link correctly with Qt 5.11.1.  The "known issues"
> wiki page[1] indicates something with Linux that suggests installing an
> older version of OpenSSL (specifically, 1.0 is mentioned).  Would this also
> apply to Windows as well?  It's not explicitly mentioned in these issues.

Dear Bob,
I can confirm that successfully configured and built 5.11.1 on Windows
for both 32 and 64 bit builds.
It was configured against opensssl-1.1.0h as a shared linking
and requires the dlls to be either placed to the same folder as exe
or to be in the PATH in run-time.

Nothing that I can tell about linux, but it seems that only openssl
1.1 is supposed
to be supported.

Take care.

Kind regards,