[Interest] Chromium build failure, SSL and Qt 5.6.3 vs 5.6.0,

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Jul 30 06:05:38 CEST 2018

On Sunday, 29 July 2018 13:58:41 PDT Christian Gagneraud wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We used to build Qt-5.6.3 on and for Linux-i386.
> I recently had to downgrade to Qt-5.6.0 (see below), but now the build
> fails with:
>
> qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/net/third_party/nss/ssl/ssl3con.c:
> In function 'ssl3_ChaCha20Poly1305':
> qtwebengine/src/3rdparty/chromium/net/third_party/nss/ssl/ssl3con.c:2118:15:
> error: 'CK_NSS_AEAD_PARAMS {aka struct CK_NSS_AEAD_PARAMS}' has no member
> named 'pIv'
>      aeadParams.pIv = (unsigned char *) additionalData;
>                ^

Which OpenSSL version is this? Before Qt 5.10, you had to use 1.0. You cannot
use 1.1.

> Note: The reason i need to downgrade, is because we have C++ source
> generated with QtQuickCompiler, these sources have been generated on
> Windows using Qt-5.6.0, and apparently it is not possible to build
> these generated sources with Qt-5.6.3 (!?!), cherry on the cake, our
> CI build system is i386-linux, ans The Qt Company doesn't provide
> binaries of QtQuickCompiler for i386-Linux, nor does it provide
> sources to build it ourselves.

The compiler is a commercial offering. So you must have a business
relationship with them. I suggestion you contact your technical support and
ask for that binary.

That's what happens when you use non-open source.