[Interest] Qt/Mac : what about a (the) Window menu?

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 02:53:03 CET 2018

On 07/03/18 01:52, René J. V. Bertin wrote:
> Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>> Shows up fine here. Unless I'm misunderstanding something.
>
> Indeed, the Assistant and QtCreator have the menu. But take a random 3rd party
> Qt application (say, QupZilla, or Otter Browser) or just about any KF5
> application and it will likely not be so lucky.
>
> Qt Assistant rolls its own Window menu (and I guess so does Creator).
>
> So let me rephrase: why do only some Qt applications show that menu?

It might be a QML issue. In Widgets, when using QMainWindow, you get an
application menu by default. In QML with Qt Quick Controls, it seems
this got only added in Qt 5.10:

   https://doc.qt.io/qt-5.10/qml-qtquick-controls2-menubar.html

In other words, don't use QML for desktop applications if you can avoid
it :-/