[Interest] "QXcbClipboard::setMimeData: Cannot set X11 selection owner"

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 12:21:45 CET 2018

Hi,

Apologies if I've asked this before: any idea what could cause this error message?

QXcbClipboard::setMimeData: Cannot set X11 selection owner

I'm seeing this sporadically in applications connected to an XQuartz X11 server that has been running for a certain time. It always seem to affect all the applications that are currently connected, but doesn't persist after an application restart (= I don't have to restart the server).

Hoping for some insight(s); I'm pretty certain that the issue is caused by something odd in XQuartz but cannot ignore the fact that it affects only Qt applications (GTk-based applications are not affected).

Thanks,
René