[Interest] issues with Qt 5.9.3 with eglfs QPA_Platform on DRM/KMS kernel on Arm32/Mali HW

Laszlo Agocs laszlo.agocs at qt.io
Fri Mar 9 14:42:50 CET 2018

Hi,

eglfs_mali is for Mali userspace drivers (https://developer.arm.com/products/software/mali-drivers/user-space) marked as fbdev. This is from the time when there were only two options, fbdev and x11.

When having the wayland variants in place, use eglfs_kms instead. When in doubt, try running weston first. If it comes up correctly, eglfs_kms is the right choice. This has been tested with an Asus Tinkerboard (Rockchip RK3288) a while ago. I don’t have experience with other Mali-based boards.

We do have multi-screen support with DRM, yes. The fbdev and other backends have none or very limited capabilities in this regard. The way forward is to use eglfs_kms (or eglfs_kms_egldevice when on NVIDIA) whenever possible.

Best regards,
Laszlo