[Interest] About Qt and WebEngine/Chromium

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 21:13:56 CET 2018

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> The point is that before we can have this conversation about Qt, you need to
> convince the Chromium developers of the need to share the internals with other
> frameworks and retain binary compatibility.

Of course, but in turn it wouldn't be of much use to start such a discussion if
the goal is impossible, not feasible or simply unthinkable on the Qt end.

How many Chromium devs are also Qt devs or at least involved with QtWebEngine
development? Can the fact that the big Chromium-based browser projects all seem
to use GTk/Gnome be taken as an indication?

> All of which are already libraries that keep ABI.

FFmpeg not that much (which is why I mentioned them, though they've been better
behaved off late).

R.