[Interest] Custom QT build using jom

Bullinger, Julius julius.bullinger at intel.com
Thu Mar 22 15:40:46 CET 2018

-----Original Message-----
From: Interest [mailto:interest-bounces+julius.bullinger=intel.com at qt-project.org] On Behalf Of Marcel Stegehuis
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2018 10:40
To: interest at qt-project.org
Subject: [Interest] Custom QT build using jom

> What is the benefit of calling BuildConsole with jom over nmake? I thought that Incredibuild manages all the distributed builds.

We did some testing here with building a Qt application with IB, and IB+jom performed much better than IB+nmake, for build time as well as responsiveness of the system.

I'm not sure that's only reason used here, but for us, it was reason enough to keep jom.

Regards,
Julius

Intel Deutschland GmbH
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Christian Lamprechter
Registered Office: Munich