[Interest] QtQuick for mobile - any experience to share?

ekke ekke at ekkes-corner.org
Mon May 28 15:57:25 CEST 2018

Am 28.05.18 um 11:25 schrieb Christoph Keller:

> You are correct, in my opinion the price for Qt is way too high if you
> only need the mobile platforms.

that's right
there should be a 30$ or so per Dev per month license for mobile platforms
really don't understand why Qt isn't pushing mobile Apps with a cheap
Indie Developer License

> That's the reason we're thinking about phasing out Qt in the next project.

sorry to hear
Qt is so GREAT on mobile platforms w QQC2

> You'll likely reach the $100k revenue with a 2-man project soon.

yep - with 2 or more devs you'll reach the limits soon

I'm a single developer working from my home office and it works for me
with StartUp License
@Sylvain: if you fit into the 100.000$ maximum I recommend to fill out
the formular and wait for answer from sales. I'm pretty sure you'll get
the license. I'm using this license with 99 $ / month and know that
there are some otherd evs out there using this license

> Don't forget there's also Google's Flutter in the game which is
> written in dart and renders all by itself like Qt does.

Flutter does a great work and is pushed by Google.
but: try to develop a x-platform project with Camera, BluetoothLE, ...
and compare with Qt ;-)