[Interest] QWE hacking: "backporting" src/3rdparty/chromium?

Kai Koehne Kai.Koehne at qt.io
Wed Nov 7 15:48:30 CET 2018

That won't fly, because Chromium API is unstable and changes very often.

What we're trying to support though is building a newer qtwebengine.git against older Qt versions (usually last LTS).

For your example with Qt 5.8 I'm not sure, because there were some configuration system changes that probably require some fixes.

But you can build qtwebengine 5.11 branch against Qt 5.9.

Kai