[Interest] QWE hacking: "backporting" src/3rdparty/chromium?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 17:55:10 CET 2018

On Thursday November 08 2018 16:32:17 Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:

Thanks Allan, but you were a tad late to the party ;)

> Note however that newer QtWebEngine comes with the same platform limitations
> regardless of what Qt they are built against as QWE always have harder
> limitation due to limits in what upstream Chromium supports building on

I've noticed. In my case I'm not sure though if it's due to Chromium or simply due to Qt. AFAIK the latter has supported OS X 10.9 longer (until 65.0.3325.181, March 2018) than Qt. Apple being Apple that doesn't mean that it'd build of course...

R.