[Interest] QML Debug API

Nils Schlemminger nils at schlemminger.org
Fri Nov 9 08:49:36 CET 2018

Hi,

I have read that QML offers a binary debug protocol that is used by
several tools to to gain insights into QML applications. I read about
this interface here: http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtquick-debugging.html
It is stated that: "The Qt QML module provides services for debugging,
inspecting, and profiling applications via a TCP port."
I'm planning to build my own tool on top of that API. I searched around
for the description and details about this protocol for a while but
couldn't find much beside the qtdeclarative git repository which seems
to contain the implementation.

Do I have to reverese engeneer the API from the source code or is there
some form of documentation that I wasn't able to find?

Thanks a lot
Nils