[Interest] Interest Digest, Vol 86, Issue 11

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Nov 16 18:08:17 CET 2018

On Friday, 16 November 2018 07:46:31 PST roland at logikalsolutions.com wrote:
> qwaylanddisplay.cpp:315:35: error: could not convert ‘{listener,
> data}’ from ‘<brace-enclosed initializer list>’ to
> ‘QtWaylandClient::QWaylandDisplay::Listener’
>       Listener l = { listener, data };
>                                     ^

This error is still present in current sources. It's no different than any
compilation error and should be fixed. So, yes, we don't verify that
everything builds with C++11. When I say that Qt supports C++11, I mean that
we'll fix it if issues are found. And besides, you built over 99.9% of Qt with
C++11.

Just drop the -c++std argument from your configure line. It doesn't help your
case and only made the build break because this particular module wasn't
tested with that option.