[Interest] MapboxGL offline and custom vector tiles source

maitai maitai at virtual-winds.org
Thu Dec 19 17:22:25 CET 2019

Hello,

We would like to serve custom vector tiles, ideally though an API call
or eventually a local server/stream. We don't want to add data or layers
to an existing mapbox chart, but rather respond to tile queries by
sending our own geojson tiles. We have already done that for OSM plugin
(with raster tiles), but we don't really know where to start with
concerning mapbox vector tiles.

The tiles are not stored in a database or mbtiles, but need to be
generated on request.

What would be the best approach to achieve that?

Thanks for any tip
Philippe.