[Interest] Netiquette [was: Feature Request - QtCreator - Multiple right margins]

Mitch Curtis mitch.curtis at qt.io
Fri Feb 8 20:16:33 CET 2019

Yep. Why don't we use our Code of Conduct here?

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/243623/

On 2/8/19, 6:47 PM, "Interest on behalf of mail at herrdiel.de" <interest-bounces at qt-project.org on behalf of mail at herrdiel.de> wrote:

    "All",

    somebody who calls a whole platform "idiot" lacks any respect for those
    who work in that field. Doing so repetetively whenever mentioning
    "phones", is not a slip of the keyboard but is done intentional - which
    puts the author in the very vincinity of his own vocabulary.

    I don't want to read this kind of indignity ever and anon. I've rarely
    seen such constantly condescending and trolling behavior being
    tolerated  as long as with this individual.

    Loaden with self-advertizing links, his rants and unproven premises
    often need no more factual base than his opinion and in their
    narcissistic self-repetition they have long become spam. It is fine to
    have an opinion. It's ok to state it clearly. But to hawk it with
    almost every email and in every non-related context is getting a tad
    tedious.

    I don't want programmers (like me) to be insulted as "script kiddies"
    and "12 year old boy"s with "shabby skill levels" that write "idiot
    apps" for "idiot phones" that have "the lifespan of a fruit fly". It's
    ok to be carried away a bit, but these deliberate defamations are a pattern.

    I don't want to read all that self-righteous boasting about his
    experience from the age of vacuum tubes and Zuse I. I just don't care.
    It's just OT, as Giuseppe D'Angelo pointed out a while ago.

    I don't want to read stuff like "QML (puke)" from somebody who has long
    passed puberty.

    I do appreciate the open discussion style on this list. I even do
    appreciate a somewhat harsh style, if it has a factual base and is
    getting straight to the point instead of b*s*ing around. But those
    lengthy wallpapers our President of Logikal solutions commonly utters,
    have long since crossed the border from amusing to annoying.

    As for me, I have just plonked Roland Hughes again (no, not the first
    time). But that doesn't help if I have to read through all the
    avalanches of replies who just feed the troll (like mine now, probably).

    I'd be happy to see him banned, at least temporarily. But then again, I
    am just a 12-y-o script kiddie (not true) with a shabby skill level
    (true), so you won't really need advice from me.

    Sorry for the rant. Won't happen again on this topic.

    Sebastian

    --
    http://www.classintouch.de - Tablet-Software für Lehrer