[Interest] What are you using for continuous integration?

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Mon Feb 18 13:06:56 CET 2019

Hi,

I have found this slide deck very very very interesting.

> http://www.slidedeck.io/lasconic/qtci-qtcon2016 <http://www.slidedeck.io/lasconic/qtci-qtcon2016>
It seems that MuseScore doing precisely what I want to do with Travis help.

I became aware that Travis can build for Mac OSX. I didn’t knew that. And that it is possible to build for windows as well through AppVeyor. This were my number one requirements for this CI quest so I decided to give it a try.

I don’t have time to go through all the configuration steps from the scratch with Jenkins. Yes, I could save money because Jenkins is free, but time is money too and time is my most valuable resource.

I’m now tinkering around a Mac OSX build with Travis but I’m running into a problem…

For my desktop builds I depend on a static build of Qt. Obviously I don’t want to compile Qt from source at each build so I’m downloading into the worker a prebuilt Qt kit and I’m calling my build script which will call qmake on the project, on the worker environment. The problem is:

1.06s$ ./build.sh
Building app.pro on 1550491076
Could not find qmake spec 'macx-clang'.

qmake is returning with the error above, saying that it can’t find qmake spec ‘macx-clang’

What are the possible reasons for qmake to return with such error? What is qmake looking for that it can’t find?

Does anyone has an idea why this is happening?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Nuno