[Interest] Qt 5.9 and OpenSSL 1.1?

maitai maitai at virtual-winds.org
Fri Mar 22 21:02:57 CET 2019

Interesting exchange but can someone summarize?

I distribute an app compiled with qt 5.11.1, and I cannot go immediately
to 5.12

I deliver the libs for ssl 1.0 a bit the way creator is doing it.

It works in 99% of the cases, but some rare linux distributions just
crash.

The solution would be to compile qt myself with ssl support 1.0 or 1.1,
something I refuse to do since I am already doing that too much
(raspberry, 32 bits distribs, etc). Not mentioning that most users will
be really confused with the question "are you using ssl 1.0.x or 1.1.x
?"

Ideally qt should be compatible for both. I understand this is not
doable ?

At least deliver binaries for both, please.

Philippe (commercial license, if that matters).