[Interest] Qt Creator licensing for companies with Qt Commercial developers

tomek osmial.tomek at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 12:28:41 CEST 2020

Hi Tuukka,

so if the company's product is say modern car's head unit which is built
from many, many blocks and to build one of those (UI) Qt with commercial
license was used then hundreds or thousands of developers in the same
company or many subcontractor companies developers are forbidden to use Qt
Creator based on GPL license as their IDE of choice to C/C++ code
development within that product (but for other modules not relying on Qt at
all, physically stored in different repos/subrepos)? From the
company/project management perspective there will be most probably many
projects (per module/block) but in the end all will be bundled into one
package which will land on the blackbox so according to your explanation it
will be license violation, right?

Thanks,
Tomasz/