[Interest] rebooted QtWebKit for Qt4??

Donald Carr sirspudd at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 03:02:00 CEST 2020

@rene: I would recommend reading:

https://woboq.com/blog/verdigris-qt-without-moc.html

to contextualize Copperspice's "wins"

It is sad to see people miss the necessity for hardware accelerated UI
that QML addresses; Qt widgets backing onto QPainter was extremely
problematic to accelerate and the Qt company addressed this with
scenegraph/QML.
Feel free to hate on QML, just be aware you appear to be missing the
driving impetus behind it which was not fashion but necessity.

Widgets is "done"; it is kinda hard to get a more stable API than one
which is no longer being actively developed.

Cheerio,
Donald