[Interest] wss:// on localhost

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Jul 20 16:40:55 CEST 2020

On Monday, 20 July 2020 01:57:31 PDT Alexander CarĂ´t wrote:
> The problem is that my application currently has a daily pageview of > 1000
> and a user base of more than 10.000 - most of the user are non-tech-sage so
> I need the most simply solution.

I don't see how that affects anything. Are you saying you can't update the
application? If you can't update the application, how are you going to apply
the fixes we're discussing here?

If you meant that they aren't able to generate the certificate, let me clarify
that I meant the application should do that automatically. There needs to be
no user interaction. The certificate is just something that the WebSocket
client and server agree upon before start, like the port number. I mentioned
"every few months" just so you don't incur the penalty of the generation on
every start.